Bliss on Toast
What's more comforting and satisfying than toast? And if you top it with a few cleverly paired ingredients, it can be a full meal, not to mention pure bliss. These 75 recipes for things on toast will help you make quick, delicious and versatile meals year-round – for working–from-home lunches and cosy Sunday suppers, to light bites, indulgent treats or impressive canapés. Recipes include:
- Avocado, summer tomatoes & tapenade rocket on olive bread
- Bubble & squeak with hollandaise on fried bread
- Falafel, edamame & red pepper hummus on flatbread
- Grilled chicken tikka with yoghurt on naan
- Smoked salmon, wasabi & avocado on granary bread
Bliss on Toast is as much a toolkit for quick fridge-raids as it is inspiration for seasonal delights. With 82 years' experience of good eating and 60 years of cooking, writing about and judging food, there is no-one who better knows what makes a meal bliss than Dame Prue Leith.